Wednesday 6 April 2011

Traffic - That's Important, Right?

I'm not "Monetized" yet, but I do realize that nobody is going to pay me anything if I don't have a viewing audience.

I plan to have two types of posts on this blog:

1. Posts like this one that describe how my experiment is going.  I hope I'll have some regular readers who are interested in following this experiment, and with luck that following will grow.

2. The other posts will be written with the hopes of having them rank high on the Search Engines and thereby draw in the masses.  I don't know if anyone else has described them as "bait", but that is what I'm thinking of.  Something that can help me "catch" some hits as I'm fishing in Lake Google.  I have some thoughts on how I'm going to start this which I'll share with you soon.

In the early days, it will be easy to tell the two types of posts apart.  But as they grow I'll need to think of a way to separate the "experiment" posts so they don't get lost amongst the "bait".


By the way, I do not fish.  The analogy just seems to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment