Wednesday 6 April 2011

My First Post

This is day one of what will be a three hundred and sixty five day experiment.

At this point I have just registered the blog, chosen the template and picked some side widgets.

I'm pretty happy that I was able to get the name.  Not only did I manage to secure mikesblogexperiment.blogspot.com, but I also was able to register www.mikesblogexperiment.com.

So What Is This Blog All About?

There are all sorts of tips, tricks, books, videos on how to increase traffic to your site and how to make money from your blog.  I'm going to try as many of them as I can and I'll write about my efforts here.

I'm going to sign up for all sorts of affiliate programs, I'm going to look for advertisers, I will soon "Monetize" my blog with Adsense and anything else Blogger has to offer me under the "Monetize" tab.


Of course, I realize that none of this will work if I don't have traffic, so I encourage you to follow me, tell your friends about my experiment, link to me.  If you're in the media, write a story about me, do a news item.  Well, you get the idea...


With the millions of people who are currently blogging, I think my Experiment will have a pretty wide audience.  I welcome the Designer/Decorators, the Crafters, the Techies, the Photo Enthusiasts.   Once I again, I guess you get the idea...

Seriously though, I'm sure that there a many of you that share this same interest. 

Well I know this will be re-written before anyone probably reads it.  And I do have to spend some time working on blog header and some of the style tweakings, profile writeup, etc.

If you do stumble upon here, that's really great.  Hope you will come back soon!



Mike

P.S. I know I've got to get some pictures into my posts or I'm going to put everyone to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment