Wednesday 13 April 2011

Experiment #5 - Try For A More Unique Post


Based on our experiments to date, I have come to the conclusion that posting on super hot and popular topics is not turning out to be a good strategy at this point in time.  Maybe it is the newness of this blog, but whatever the reason, the posts aren't ranking anywhere near the top on any of the search engines and as a result we are not getting any traffic.

With this experiment, I'm going to try for the opposite approach.  I'm going to take some very specific items that should be much less common than the latest viral event.  I'll get lots of these unique keywords and load up a webpage with them.

For experiment #5, I'm going to try paint color numbers from Benjamin Moore.  I compiled a list of 150 of their color names and numbers.

These paint colors have unique names and numbers like:

  • Brookline Beige HC-47
  • Butte Rock AC-8
  • Butter Pecan 2165-70

I wrote a few introductory paragraphs geared to someone who is struggling to find just the right color for whatever room they are trying to paint.

View my post related to Experiment #5 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment